When the MPNT client connection icon shows a Red
X or a Red Circle, this indicates it is unable to
connect to the MPNT server. Double click this icon
to bring up the Client Pop-Up window, and click the
"Event Log" to see what the error message
Event Message: Can not connect
to a SpartaCom MPNT Server. (Event Code 0x0)
Event Message: No Resource Pool
has been allocated. (Event Code 0x0)
This error may occur if a firewall is preventing
access to MPNT Server.
1. Try disabling any Firewall software on the MPNT
2. With the Firewall disabled, open the SpartaCom
Client Pop-up on the client PC, and from the Configuration
Tab attempt to reconnect to the server.
3. If this works, you will need to define a rule in
your Firewall to allow the client to access the server.
This error may indicate that no resource has been
allocated to the user. Normally, the user can access
the port directly in Hyperterminal and add a modem
successfully under Windows. However, the client connection
icon in the system tray remains gray with a red X.
1. Open the SpartaCom Administrator
2. Open the Spartacom Users tree and highlight the
3. Right-click and select Properties
4. Verify that the Disabled box is checked gray for
5. With the user still highlighted, Select the drop
down and choose Resource Allocation
6. On the right-hand window you should see a table
that will show the Resources allocated to that user.
This box can represent 3 different states.
Grayed: The setting indicates that the
property will be inherited and is defined at an upper
Empty: The item is enabled (with no inherited rights).
Checked (black): The item is disabled
This error may occur if an invalid path to the server
and resource is set in any network com ports in MPNT
1. Verify the network path for each com port in SpartaCom
MPNT Client in Control Panel, i.e. "\\server_name\spartacom
resources" is correct. Verify the path at the
MPNT Server under SpartaCom Administrator.
2. Otherwise, you may have a network connection problem.
Make sure you can login directly to the MPNT server
as a user.
3. Make sure to detect your modem on the network com
port (redirected port) before attempting to use your