features in version 2.14 (Released February 28,
- NetModem Client has an updated COM
port driver to improve application compatibility.
This is the same driver developed for the upcoming
3.00 major release expected out next month.
New features in version 2.13 (Released September
- Under certain network conditions,
NetModem could fail to communicate between the server
and the client when either are run under Windows Server
2003 Service Pack 1. This is now resolved.
- NetModem Client now has a keep-alive
feature, to prevent some networks from disconnecting
after a long period of idling.
New features in version 2.12 (Released June 29,
- NetModem Server could log certain
AT commands used by some uncommon brands of modems
as being dial commands, which were in fact not dial
commands. This is now corrected.
New features in version 2.11 (Released May 15, 2005)
- NetModem Server now checks MS Fax
Service is holding a shared modem open in receive
mode, before attempting to share a modem with a client.
If MS Fax Service is controlling a modem that's not
in use, NetModem Server borrows it from the fax service
allowing the client to use it.
- NetModem Client has enhanced support
for DOS based applications running under Windows.
DOS applications can be run on virtual ports numbered
New features in version 2.10 (Released April 28,
- NetModem Server has been rewritten
as a seperate Service and GUI, allowing it to be configured
and monitored remotly under Terminal Services or Remote
Desktop. Several performance enhancments have been
added during this process.
- NetModem Server now allows remapped
RDC COM ports to have the same names as existing COM
ports. Remapped RDC COM ports are designated with
a * after the name, such as COM1*.
- NetModem Server's Status now displays
usernames of any clients using both a login and a
- NetModem Server's Block Dialin function
is enhanced to avoid blocking additional AT commands
used by some modems.
- NetModem Client now sends a "Credentials
Accepted" message to the application software
when the login/password is provided within the application,
allowing an application script to supply the credentials.
New features in version 2.02 (Released March 24, 2005)
- NetModem client driver would fail
if a buggy application requested to read 0 bytes from
its COM port. Fixed.
New features in version 2.01 (Released March 14,
- Idle clients can be automaticly disconnected
after xx minutes of inactivity (defined in Pool Properties).
- The Administrator can manually disconnect
a client by right clicking them and selecting "Disconnect".
- The servers list of Active Connections
can now be sorted by any field, by clicking the field
- The "Test Server connection"
now uses color messages to indicate if the test was
successful or failed.
- Fixed an issue with finding global
users/groups on an Active Directory domain server.
New features in version 2.00 (Released February
NetModem Version 2.00 is a major update
to NetModem Server and Client, and is no longer backwards
compatible with the previous 1.xx versions.
- Each modem pool supports seperate
User Authentication or a Pool Password for security.
- User Authentication can supports
local domains or Active Directory global users/groups..
- Each pool can be configured to block
dialin (inbound) modem calls to clients PCs.
- Each pool can be configured to limit/allow
dialout access to a list of allowed phone numbers.
- Server logs each phone number dialed,
and logs client activity.
- Single Installer for Windows NT4,
2000, XP, 2003.